New York, NY (January 11, 2012) — Working Mother magazine and Advertising Women of New York (AWNY) have partnered for the eighth annual announcement of the Advertising Working Mothers of the Year. The awards honor mothers in advertising, media and communications who are committed to balancing work and family, serve as positive role models and mentors, and distinguish themselves in their communities. Joan Sheridan LaBarge, Vice President/Group Publisher of Working Mother Media, made the announcement today.
“Each year we receive an incredible number of nominations for this award, which is a powerful testament to the number of talented moms who work in advertising,” said Sheridan LaBarge. “The 2012 Advertising Working Mothers of the Year are an outstanding group of women. They serve as an inspiration to working moms everywhere, and we are proud and excited to honor them.” Twenty winners were named in three different categories: Established Moms, New-to-Motherhood Moms and Trailblazer Moms. The winners were selected by the editors of Working Mother magazine based on their commitment to balancing work and life, strength as role models and mentors in the workplace, and positive influence within their communities.
The 2012 Advertising Working Mothers of the Year Award Recipients:
Established Moms – Women experienced at balancing work and family
- Elizabeth K. Dorrance: Director, Media & Analytics, Expedia
- Debra Emory: Global Marketing Communications Manager, ExxonMobil Lubricants & Specialties
- Jennifer Hanley: Senior Vice President, Property & Casualty Brand Marketing, Nationwide Insurance
- Jessica Igoe: Head of Consumer Events Marketing, Google
- Alia Kemet: US Media Manager, IKEA North America
- Stacy Misher: Senior Vice President, Group Account Director, MPG
- Karen Quintos: Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Dell, Inc.
- Suzie Reider: Director, Industry Development, YouTube
- Molly Starmann: Director of Marketing, Family Business, McDonald's USA
- Cary Tilds: U.S. Leader of Digital Operations North America, Mindshare
- Danielle Vona: Former Chief Marketing Officer, Sonic Corp.
New-to-Motherhood Moms - Women to watch as they excel in the workplace and at home
- Sarah Kim Baehr: Senior Vice President, Director of Digital Publishing, MediaVest
- Liz Gumbinner: Executive Vice President, Group Creative Director, Deutsch
- Stacy Higbee: Senior Vice President, Group Account Director, TargetCast
- Lynn Lewis: Executive Vice President, Global Managing Partner, J3
- Deborah Marquardt: Vice President, Media and Integrated Marketing, L'Oreal USA
- Lukeisha Paul: Partner, Associate Director, Group M
- Kirti Srikant: AVP, Director of Brand Marketing and Advertising, Oppenheimer Funds Inc.
Trailblazer Moms - Pioneers who are paving the way for future working mothers
- Isabelle Gauvry: Director of Public Relations, Omnicom Media Group
- Mary Honan: Vice President, Local Investment Director, Spark Communications
The 2012 Advertising Working Mothers of the Year will be celebrated at an awards luncheon on Thursday, February 16, 2012, at the Hilton Hotel in New York City. To RSVP for the luncheon, please visit www.awny.org/eventscalendar.html or call 212-221-7969.
Advertising Women of New York (AWNY) is a professional organization for women and men in the advertising/communications industry. Founded in 1912, the organization is celebrating its 100th Anniversary. Throughout its history, the mission has remained constant: To provide a forum for personal and professional growth; to serve as a catalyst for the advancement of women in the communication field; to promote and support philanthropic endeavors through the AWNY Foundation. AWNY’s membership now stands at almost 1600. The organization holds 35 events per year. Each program seeks to enhance career skills and illuminate current industry trends and strategies. Many programs attract top-ranking media personalities as keynote speakers.
About Working Mother Media
Working Mother magazine reaches 2.2 million readers and is the only national magazine for career-committed mothers; WorkingMother.com (http://www.workingmother.com) gives working mothers @home and @work advice, solutions, and ideas. This year marks the 27th anniversary of Working Mother's signature research initiative, Working Mother 100 Best Companies, and the 10th year of the Best Companies for Multicultural Women. Working Mother Media, a division of Bonnier Corporation (www.bonnier.com), includes the National Association for Female Executives (NAFE, www.nafe.com), Diversity Best Practices (www.diversitybestpractices.com), and the Working Mother Research Institute. Working Mother Media's mission is to serve as a champion of culture change.