Here’s a simple July 4 activity the kids can do during the day to keep themselves entertained. Then they can help you add battery-powered LED lights to the luminaries when the sun starts to set.
What you'll need:
- brown paper bags
- red, white and blue markers, paint or stamp ink
- star-shaped stamp
- hole puncher
- decorative scissors
- glue stick
- battery-powered LED lights
How to make them:
1. Using markers, paint or rubber stamps, decorate bags with red, white and blue stars.
2. Once bags are dry, use a hole puncher to punch the middle of the stars. This will let the light shine through later. Note: Don’t punch a hole through both sides of the bags. Make sure you open the bags when you punch. For an optional touch, use decorative scissors to trim the top of the bags.
3. Line a path with the bags. When the sun starts to set, place a battery-powered LED light into each so your luminaries will light the way. This is a fun addition to any barbecue or outdoor party!