I really look forward to my Friday nights. It’s when I can curl up on the sofa with a nice glass of wine and my hubby snuggled close, watching a movie we rented. Sometimes we even make it into a family night, where the kids join us with a fun snack. It’s the one night out of the week that I actually can relax. It’s the one night where my mind can be taken away from all the stresses of the week.
Last week, I searched Red Box’s online DVD rental for a fun, comedy, which is my favorite type of movie to rent. The site was filled with horror and thriller type movies. Not my favorites to try to start the weekend stress-free. So, I rented the movie The Amazing Spiderman. I was so excited. I am a huge fan of superhero action movies, especially the Marvel Comic characters. The movie plot started off like a tortoise trying to win a race. And it only got worse as it tried to pick up speed. This movie never made it to the finish line as a favorite.
Below are my recent favorites and flops. Hope you’ll share yours, too!
- Here Comes the Boom (hilarious-mommy and daddy night)
- Rise of the Guardians (fantastic family movie)
- Wreck it Ralph (simply entertaining for kids and adults)
- The Help (spectacularly written-mommy and daddy night)
- Playing for Keeps (pleasantly entertaining-definitely adult rated)