Saving money for [what you want...it’s up to you!]. Glancing at my pocket change, I’ve said “Help! I’m TRYING to save money! But its so little?” So here are a few helpful tips for your financial sanity:
(1) COUPONS – Yes! Only clip the coupons for food you actual eat and things you use. Keep them handy – try a little folder that sits in the back pocket of the passenger seat.
(2) RECEIPTS – “The Money You Saved Is” on your receipt! Now, save it! Take that circled amount and put it away and see them add up fast!
(3) COOKIE JAR – Coin collectors beware!! I have a cookie jar at work and home. It only holds quarters. Its dusty and the co-workers & children have no idea, they think its just decoration.
(4) TAMPAX – Box! I stole this idea from a friend. After a robber took everything, but the tampons; we now keep money there as an emergency fund. The box is the perfect dimensions for stacks of bills.
(5) KEEP TRYING – Yes! You can do it. Start small, and see the savings grow. Our second son wants a million pennies by the time he’s 18. He inspires me to have a large goal and make small steps towards it, he collects pennies everywhere.
Here a little and there a little it all adds up to a free ice cream cone or stay-cation or extra doctor co-pays. You can begin saving and smile trying!