Happy Valentine's Day!
Since Be Positive Mom® has been around for a while now, I like to look back at past holiday posts and see what I was writing about a year or two ago.
Last year, I included ways to take care of yourself first by enjoying your "Tuesday", which just happened to be the day Valentine's landed on last year. We should always take care of ourselves first really. (Pssst! That's not a bad thing!)
I included my list from last year that includes many ways to take care of yourself beginning with the inside to out.
Valentine's Day Tips that Begin with You!
Nurture from the inside (emotional):
- Practice affirmations out loud.
- Journal your thoughts for the day.
- Write out your goals for the week and shift your focus towards that goal.
- Write a “positive” letter to yourself. Start it off with “Your name, this week I want to tell you…”
- Sneak away for a little "me time" even if it's a 10 minute break.
- Call a friend today or meet a friend out. Voice to voice. One to one.
Nurture from the outside (physical):
- Take a walk—before, during or after work.
- Get a message.
- Go outside during lunch and hey, why not treat yourself to lunch while you are out!
- Disconnect during the evening—turn off the TV, phone and computer for an hour.
- Just breathe and relax. Close your eyes, inhale 1-2-3 and then exhale 1-2-3.
So if diamonds, hearts, cupids, chocolates and flowers are your thing... that's great, too. :-)
Whether you are sharing Valentine's with someone special or solo, a feel-good way to kick things off begins with you!
Enjoy your Valentine's Day!