1. The Importance of Setting a Goal: A past coaching client of mine asked me to join Team Emily (www.Team-Emily.com) and run a half or full marathon for charity. I agreed to do it, half thinking she would forget in a year that I had even committed.
2. Accountability: Everyone needs it A friend who was an avid runner wanted to do it with me, and she did not let me off the hook.
3. Become a Student of the Game: I found it more difficult than I anticipated. I needed to become a student first.
4. Practice, Practice, Practice : I had to work on strengthening the muscles and ligaments for the 13.1 miles.
5. Self Discipline is the Defining Quality: No one was making me do it, I had to stay disciplined and do what I needed to do.
6. The Importance of Visualizing: I visualized the marathon, and the next day as I ran it, I was surprised at how quickly I was passing all the markers.
7. Benefits of Starting from the Back of the Pack: I was grouped with people who were walking the half-marathon instead of running it. I was able to build off my success after each person I passed.
8. Be able to find your own Dog Beach: At Sunset In Huntington Beach, CA, there is a "Dog Beach" that inspired me on the training runs and when I hit mile 7 on the day of the half-marathon, I drew inspiration from that memory.
9. Running from the Neck Up: If I had an ache or pain, I would tell myself ?It?s time to run from the neck up.?
10. Cheerleaders are Underestimated: Part of that victory is shared by the thousands of cheering spectators.
11. Importance of FLOW: I found my "flow" somewhere in those 13.1 miles as running became almost automatic.
12. You really can do anything you set your mind to
13. When you do something for the benefit of others, you receive so much more in return
Cheri Alguire is a real estate, business and life coach who partners with you to help you take your business and your life to the next level of success. For more information on Cheri Alguire's book 13 Lessons Learned in 13.1 Miles, visit http://www.13lessons.com . For more information on Cheri Alguire and how she can partner with you to take your real estate business to the next level, please visit http://www.ProRealEstateCoach.com.